For those who followed my social media, they know that I always posted up my workout routine and my daily food. Most of the time I cook my own meals. It’s not only cheap but also I can control my own ingredients and nutrition’s. I always believed 40% is coming from your workout and the rest from your food consumption.
Yesterday I just posted up another recipe. This is my post workout meals. High in protein, carbs and fiber to help me build my muscles. Let me introduce you my version of healthy organic broccoli pesto pasta with salmon (200gm).
Wild Atlantic Salmon (200gm):
Calories : 284 calories.
Fat :12.68g (Saturated Fat: 1.962g).
Carbs: 0g (Fiber: 0g, Sugar 0).
400g of organic pasta
250g broccoli, cut into florets
200g of salmon
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 large lemon
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
3 tbsp pine nuts
5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
1) Tip the pasta into a large pan of boiling water and cook according to pack instructions (you can add on salt for some taste)
2) Add the broccoli and boil until it’s soft (approx 4 minutes).
3) Drain the broccoli and pasta.
4) Lightly mash the broccoli with a potato masher or fork.
5) Finely grate the garlic and zest the lemon, then mix into the broccoli with the chilli flakes and pine nuts.
6) Stir in the broccoli pesto and squeeze over the juice of 1⁄2 lemon.
7) Pour in the olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
8) Spoon in the grated Parmesan, toss the pasta well and serve.
A lot of people have been asking where do I get my Salmon. Currently I always go to NSK Kuchai Lama since it’s open 24 hours and there have plenty choice for me to choose. You can get Salmon fillet, cut and even Salmon head. Read HERE for more information.
Do follow my instagram & facebook if you want to know how you can eat cheap and healthy. I will share more tips and recipe in future!