Honda Civic Test Drive KL to Penang (Day 2)
Early in the morning, everyone had a good breakfast and heading to our next location. This time, I drove for 1.8S Honda Civic. It was slightly less powerful compare than the 1.5 Turbocharge but one thing for sure. It’s more fuel efficient and comfortable.
Personally I think it’s good that I manage to drive Honda Civic since I’m planning to change my City to HRV. I think I will go for Civic instead.
You may want to read my Day 1 experience, HERE!
Another thing that I do love about the new Civic is they do have cool features such as Electric Parking Brake, Remote Engine Start, Auto Brake Hold and Walk Away Auto Lock. Not to mention they do have sexy “butt” too, the “C”-shaped LED taillights.
The New Honda Civic 2016 is available in both 1.8 and turbo versions. The prices of the 3 variants of Honda Civic are:
RM113,800 for 1.8S (On-the-road with insurance)
RM127,800 for 1.5 Turbocharged (On-the-road with insurance)
RM135,800 for 1.5 Turbocharged Premium (On-the-road with insurance)
Furthermore, customers can enjoy 5 years warranty with unlimited mileage with a service interval of 10,000km at 88 Honda dealers nationwide.
It is indeed a great price as we paying the price of C segment compact executive car but we are getting a D-segment spec car.
Finally after an hour drive from our hotel, we reach at the Escape Theme Park. For those who don’t know what is Escape is, basically it’s a adventure theme park. For those who like adventure activity.
ESCAPE is the fun destination with exciting rides and games hosted in a natural environment. ESCAPE re-introduces the play and values of yesteryear so to inject reality into a world overdependent on an isolation-inducing electronic lifestyle. Through fun activities, with an emphasis on self-directed and self-powered play, the visitor experiences Low Tech, High Fun. ESCAPE demonstrates there’s no age limit to having fun as the rides and games are designed for a wide range of age groups, abilities, and energy levels.
My favorite activity. Climb for 10 minutes and going down for 10 seconds lol.
For those who really love outdoor and adventure activity, do check out Escape Theme Park, HERE!
My conclusion towards the new Civic after 2 days 1 night spending time with them is, it must have in my car list.
– What else should I say when you have top class safety for all variants (6 Airbags, Vehicle Stability Assist).
2) Sporty Designs
– One thing I do realize about Honda Civic is, they are under young and energetic category. If you love sporty designs, you may want put this under your consideration. Not to mention it comes in 5 outstanding colors, Dark Ruby Red Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, and two brand new colours, Lunar Silver Metallic and White Orchid Pearl.
– Their engine performance is something that you should not worry about. What other features that I do love is their ‘Brake hold’ and auto cruise. I have eyes on the All-New Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbocharged.
– For photographer and video producer myself, leg rooms and boot capacity is really important. Usually after a long journey, I will sleep in the car for 30 minutes for a rest. So, it’s really important for me to have good space. Other than that, I do need big space for me to put my equipment.
5) Fuel efficient
– I only spend 1 fuel tank for my 2 days 1 night trip to Penang (Citta Mall -> Tg. Tualang -> Stadium Batu Kawan -> Penang Island -> Botanica Mansion -> G Hotel Kelawai -> Escape Adventureplay -> Tambun -> back to PJ).
Before we heading back home, we had another seafood feast. Prawn village is a must-come place for you to have lunch.
Last but not least, I would rate Honda Civic 8/10. As loyal Honda user, I’m happy to see what does Honda did and with this significant launch, the iconic Civic ushers in a new era. The All-New Civic will change the way Malaysian customers experience and drive a vehicle, up the expectations of customers towards a C-segment vehicle and literally change the game altogether.
Thank you Honda Malaysia for the memorable weekend.